Student Leader Program 2023 – 2024
Applications are now closed for 2023-24
We are recruiting current Brandon University students from every program/Faculty! Student Leaders are trained volunteers who help at campus events, virtual events, and will be playing a big role at our upcoming orientation!
1) Who can be a Student Leader?
- Students planning to return to study in the fall of 2023
- Willing to attend Student Leader training
- By September 2023 students must:
- hold a minimum 2.0 “C” grade point average
- successfully have finished 12 credit hours or more
- Students interested in gaining volunteer work experience
2) What kind of time commitment does this program require?
- Complete 15 (or more) hours of volunteer time between April 2023 and May 2024
- Complete training sessions. Training hours count toward the minimum 15 required for participation in the end of year event and professional development opportunities
3) What are the benefits of being a Student Leader?
Student Leaders who volunteer 15 hours will earn:
- Attendance at a prestigious end of year event for Student Leaders
- Reference letter useful for future employment, academic opportunities and scholarship/bursary applications;
- Access to Professional Development training opportunities and Student Employment Opportunities;
- Opportunity to attend professional development conferences within Canada.