Student Leader Program 2021-2022
Student Leader Recruitment for the upcoming school year is currently closed. Please check back in the fall for new opportunities!
We are recruiting current Brandon University students from every program/Faculty! Student Leaders are trained volunteers who help at campus events (if on-campus events are possible in the upcoming year), virtual events, and will be playing a big role at our upcoming online orientation!
1) Who can be a Student Leader?
- Students planning to return to study in the fall of 2021
- Willing to attend Student Leader training
- By September 2021 students must:
- hold a minimum 2.0 “C” grade point average
- successfully finish 12 credit hours or more
- Students interested in gaining volunteer work experience
2) What kind of time commitment does this program require?
- Complete 20 (or more) hours of volunteer time between April 2021 and May 2022
- Complete training sessions (mostly online). Training hours count toward the minimum 20 required for formal recognition in the program!
3) What are the benefits of being a Student Leader?
Student Leaders who volunteer 20 hours will earn:
- A Service Learning notation on your official University transcript;
- Reference letter useful for future employment, academic opportunities and scholarship/bursary applications;
- Access to Professional Development training opportunities and Student Employment Opportunities;
- Opportunity to attend professional development conferences within Canada.