Student Leader Program 2021-2022
We are recruiting current Brandon University students from every program/Faculty! Student Leaders are trained volunteers who help at campus events and activities that depend on volunteers: Orientation, Motiv8, Online Recruitment Presenations,
1) Who can be a Student Leader?
- Students planning to return to study in the winter of 2021
- Willing to attend Student Leader training
- By December 2020 students must:
- hold a minimum 2.0 “C” grade point average
- successfully finish 12 credit hours or more
- Students interested in gaining volunteer work experience
2) What kind of time commitment does this program require?
- Complete 20 (or more) hours of volunteer time between November 2020 and February 2021
- Complete training sessions (some in-person, some online). Training hours count toward the minimum 20 required for formal recognition in the program!
3) What are the benefits of being a Student Leader?
Student Leaders who volunteer 20 hours will earn:
- A Service Learning notation on your official University transcript;
- Reference letter useful for future employment, academic opportunities and scholarship/bursary applications;
- Access to Professional Development training opportunities and Student Employment Opportunities;
- Opportunity to attend professional development conferences within Canada.