Student Leader Program 2020-2021
We are recruiting current Brandon University students from every program/Faculty! Student Leaders are trained volunteers who help at campus events and activities that depend on volunteers: Western Manitoba Science Fair, Indigenous Campus Life, Orientation, Welcome Week, Motiv8 and so much more!
1) Who can be a Student Leader?
- Students planning to return to study in the fall of 2020
- Willing to attend Student Leader training
- By May 2020 students must:
- hold a minimum 2.0 “C” grade point average
- successfully finish 12 credit hours or more
- Students interested in gaining volunteer work experience
2) What kind of time commitment does this program require?
- Complete 20 (or more) hours of volunteer time between March 2020 and February 2021
- Complete training sessions (some in-person, some online). Training hours count toward the minimum 20 required for formal recognition in the program!
3) What are the benefits of being a Student Leader?
Student Leaders who volunteer 20 hours will earn:
- A Service Learning notation on your official University transcript;
- Reference letter useful for future employment, academic opportunities and scholarship/bursary applications;
- Access to Professional Development training opportunities and Student Employment Opportunities;
- Opportunity to attend professional development conferences within Canada.