Student Leader Program 2019-2020
We are recruiting current Brandon University students from every program/Faculty! Student Leaders are trained volunteers who help at campus events and activities that depend on volunteers: Western Manitoba Science Fair, Indigenous Campus Life, Orientation, Welcome Week, Motiv8 and so much more!
1) Who can be a Student Leader?
- Students planning to return to study in the fall of 2019
- Willing to attend Student Leader training
- By May 2019 students must:
- hold a minimum 2.0 “C” grade point average
- successfully finish 12 credit hours or more
- Students interested in gaining volunteer work experience
2) What kind of time commitment does this program require?
- Complete 20 (or more) hours of volunteer time between March 2019 and February 2020
- Complete training sessions (some in-person, some online). Training hours count toward the minimum 20 required for formal recognition in the program!
3) What are the benefits of being a Student Leader?
Student Leaders who volunteer 20 hours will earn:
- A Service Learning notation on your official University transcript;
- Reference letter useful for future employment, academic opportunities and scholarship/bursary applications;
- Access to Professional Development training opportunities and Student Employment Opportunities;
- Each year one Student Leader is selected to attend the CCSL (Canadian Conference on Student Leadership). Last year we covered conference registration and travel expenses for the CCSL in Toronto, Ontario