Environmental Science Laboratories
Brandon University’s Environmental Science Labs (ESL) are state of the art analytical and microscopy suite that supports research and research training in both soil biology and palaeoenvironmental reconstruction.
Research focuses include:
- Mycorrhizal ecology of leafy spurge;
- Root activities in space and time;
- Soil-plant relations of tundra plant communities (in association with the Churchill Northern Studies Centre);
- Palaeo-palynology (in association with GSC Palaeontology, Calgary);
- Palaeobotanical proxies of climate and atmospheric CO2 (‘deep time’ climate change studies).
Research facilities and activity in the ESL is funded by the Canada Foundation for Innovation, Manitoba Research and Innovation Fund (province of Manitoba), NSERC, BU Research Committee, and CFB Shilo. The ESL is available on a cost-recovery basis for research by BU and other university researchers and their students, or for commercial applications, by arrangement. The cost of facility use, or customized sample processing, available on application.
Please contact the lab operations manager Enkra Darambazar to set up testing and discuss pricing for your samples.
For facilitated publications from this lab, go to Related Links to visit our professors’ home pages.