Master of Science (Environmental & Life Sciences) MELS
- International applicants are advised that visa approval times vary around the world. Those with a long visa processing time should plan for a September 2019 start, if accepted. Contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions.
- Brandon University master’s student earns scholarship for work to protect amphibians
- June 19, 2019
- Study of fossil plants shows emergence of Pacific Northwest’s temperate forests
- February 14, 2019
- Cellular and microRNA research at BU boosted by NSERC grants to professor and student
- October 9, 2018
- Brandon University celebrates success as graduates receive degrees at Convocation
- June 1, 2018
MELS student Kingsley Ugwuagbo was awarded an honourable mention at the 2018 Canadian Student Health Research Forum for his work on micro RNA in breast cancer. “We have detected both miRNAs in the breast cancer patient’s blood which showing very high correlation with tumor stages. With promising preliminary data we wish to recruit more breast cancer and healthy samples to determine how early we could detect tumor with miRNA expression. This is the very first study of this kind in Canada and once successful we shall establish population based screening in Manitoba, in collaboration with Cancer Care Manitoba.” Congratulations, Kingsley!