Top Hat at Brandon University
Brandon University has an official partnership with Top Hat as the university’s centrally supported active learning technology.
Top Hat’s active learning technology helps professors engage students before, during and after class. Top Hat helps you engage students in and out of the classroom through cutting-edge polling software, low-cost interactive content, flexible homework systems, and secure test-taking solutions. Top Hat also offers instructional design services to prep courses, train and work one-on-one with instructors to ensure they’re fully ready to use Top Hat for the first day of class and beyond.
Benefits of Using Top Hat
- Assess your students using advanced question types
- Deliver interactive lectures
- Administer assignments, quizzes and exams in a single unified platform
- Track student progress and attendance in the Top Hat gradebook
- Receive industry-leading support for professors and students
- Sync grades directly to Moodle
Special Top Hat Pricing For Brandon Students
4 months: $24.00
*The subscription applies to the full Top Hat platform including Classroom, Assignment and Test. Low-cost textbooks and free resources are also available to use with the platform.
Getting Started with Top Hat
To schedule a personalized demonstration or learn more about implementing Top Hat in your course, please contact Johanna Greco at email@example.com or book an appointment through this calendar link: https://go.oncehub.com/TopHatJohannaGreco
Instructors can also find resources and how-to’s in the Top Hat Success Center.
Information for faculty:
- Creating your professor account and courses
- Inviting your students to your course
- Accessing your course roster from the LMS
Visit our student’s webpage at https://tophat.com/students/ for more information.
If you need assistance with your Top Hat account or subscription please contact Top Hat’s support team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-5491.
Information for students:
When you adopt Top Hat, you get access to our full platform including:
- PLUS low and no-cost textbooks from Top Hat’s Marketplace
In addition you also get access to Top Hat’s gradebook to record and track student responses across in-class questions and discussions, homework assignments, tests and quizzes.
Read below for more information on each aspect of the Top Hat platform.
Top Hat Classroom allows you to:
- Leverage students’ devices in class to increase participation
- Upload your slides easily and embed interactive questions
- Automate attendance, participation tracking and grading
- Involve every student in live discussions
- Gauge student comprehension through real-time feedback
Watch this video to learn how to ask questions, launch discussions and take attendance in your class.
Top Hat Assignment, allows you to:
- Easily create, assign, and customize auto-graded homework
- Provide additional support to students by personalizing homework questions with hints and feedback
- Provide students low-stakes learning options by assigning ungraded homework via Review mode
Watch this video to learn how to create your first assignment.
Top Hat Test allows you to:
- Securely administer quizzes, tests and exams in a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) environment
- Prevent cheating through behavioral algorithms that monitor student activity patterns
- Review real-time proctor reports
- Auto-grade exams in seconds, with results made available in your gradebook
Watch this video to learn how to create and facilitate a secure Top Hat Test into your course.
You also have the option to adopt and customize one of Top Hat’s free or low-cost interactive textbooks and course materials. Check out the Top Hat Marketplace to choose one that aligns with your course objectives or create own of your own.
Top Hat Textbook allows you to:
- Easily adopt and customize high quality and interactive textbooks and course materials
- Embed questions and assessments to gauge student comprehension
- Keep information relevant and up-to-date
- Make education more affordable for your students with a free or low-cost solution
Watch this video to learn how to integrate a Top Hat textbook into your course.
Top Hat Gradebook allows you to:
- View all in-class questions and discussions, assignments, tests and attendance records in one holistic view
- Quickly search for individual student results
- Edit grades with keyboard commands
- Easily derive insights and trends related to student performance and adjust lesson plans accordingly
- Export grades instantaneously into an external spreadsheet or sync with Moodle
Watch this video to learn how to analyze student progress and manage grades effectively in your Top Hat Gradebook.
If you have any questions please contact Top Hat’s support team directly at email@example.com or call 1-888-663-5491.