The 2021 Spring/Summer Session will be a bit different, while we will not have mandatory meal plans you will have a meal card that is loaded with a complimentary amount equal to $10 per day of your stay at Hotel BU. For example if you are staying 10 days your card will have $100 or for a 35 day stay it will have $350. Your card can be used in our cafeteria over the course of your stay to purchase any meals or snacks you choose. You will also have the option to add more money to your card at any point in your stay so you can continue to enjoy the convenience of eating here at BU. Our cafeteria will remain open for the full Spring/Summer Session Monday to Friday for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, excluding Holidays.
Spring/Summer 2021 rates can be found on the Hotel BU page www.brandonu.ca/ancillary/accommodations
Meal Plan Pricing for 2021/2022 Fall and Winter Terms
- Meal Plans operate on declining balance system so the number of meals per week may vary based on actual spending.
- Meal Plans are all upgradeable so you can add more money to your card at any time.
- Your meals are tax free with all Meal Plans but confectionery items are taxable
- With the Premium Plan you can get a refund at the end of the year equal to the balance left on your account up to a maximum of $250 per term.
|Meal Plan Type||Recommended for:||Term 1||Term 2|
Approximately 10 meals per week
|Students who are often away on weekends and those with light appetites.||$1902.26||$1885.28|
Approximately 12 meals per week
|Students who are sometimes away on weekends and those with average appetites||$2174.96||$2155.55|
Approximately 9 meals per week
|ACC Students living at BU||$1646.04||$1734.22|
Meal Plan Card
While eating in Harvest Hall simply present your student ID card at the cash register. The card is read by the card readers and the purchase is deducted from your food account.
Please Note: The loss of an identification card must be reported to the Residence Office, where a new one can be purchased for a charge of $31.25. Do not punch holes in your ID card, as it may disable the radio frequency reader embedded in the ID card.
Did you know?
- Our kitchen can meet specific dietary needs such as low sodium diets and vegetarian diets, however residents on such diets will have a more limited menu choice. Residents on such diets are still responsible to contribute the full amount to the food program.
- Meal plan money can be carried over from first to second term, but must be used by the end of second term. Refunds for unused money are available in the Premium Plan, refunded to the level of the Value Plan.
- Bulk Orders on meal plan accounts are not available. Only items stocked on Harvest Hall shelves or available through the Harvest Hall food stations are allowable meal plan purchases.
- Harvest Hall closes for the Christmas break on or around December 19th. In the second term, Harvest Hall closes on or around April 24th, with providing meals in our Down Under location (Basement).
Convenient Off-Campus Meal Cards
You don’t need to carry cash! Meal cards are available even if you live off-campus. Faculty and students can take advantage of the convenience the meal card offers in Harvest Hall. Any amount of money can be put on your Student ID or Commuter card at the Residence Office in McMaster Hall or at Financial and Registration Services Office in Clark Hall. So, whether you are getting the lunch special or just grabbing a coffee and muffin, the Off-Campus Meal Card is a practical and economical way to eat.
Please Note: Off-campus meal purchases are taxable. GST/PST is collected at time of purchase.