Meal Plan Pricing for 2023/2024 Fall and Winter Terms
- Save big with Tax Exempt meal plans and make a change to the plan level if needed during the year.
- Spend your dollars how you want without having to worry about weekly meal limits.
- Meal Plans operate on a declining balance system so the amount spent per week may vary based on actual spending.
- Meal Plans are all upgradeable so you can add more money to your card at any time.
- Your meals are tax-free with all Meal Plans but confectionery items are taxable.
|Meal Plan Type||Recommended for:||Per Term|
Budget approximately $130 per week
|The most affordable meal plan may be great for students who are often away from campus
and those with light appetites.
Budget approximately $145 per week
|This mid-level plan may be the choice for students who are sometimes away on weekends
and those with average appetites.
Budget approximately $165 per week
|This plan may be a great choice for students who rarely leave campus for their dining needs
and those with hearty appetites.
*Average meal cost depending on your selection: Breakfast $12, Lunch $16, Supper $18
*These calculations approximate the number of weeks and assume you are a student staying the full academic year.
- Premium Plan is eligible for refunds of $250.00 per term on unused money, refunds are calculated at the end of the stay only.
- Only Residents who satisfy their full contract are eligible for this refund.
Meal Plan Card
While eating in Harvest Hall simply present your student ID card at the cash register. The card is read by the card readers and the purchase is deducted from your food account.
Please Note: The loss of an identification card must be reported to the Residence Office, where a new one can be purchased for a charge of $32.00. Do not punch holes in your ID card, as it may disable the radio frequency reader embedded in the ID card.
Did you know?
- Our kitchen can meet specific dietary needs such as low sodium diets and vegetarian diets, however residents on such diets will have a more limited menu choice. Residents on such diets are still responsible to contribute the full amount to the food program.
- Meal plan money can be carried over from first to second term, but must be used by the end of second term.
- Bulk Orders on meal plan accounts are not available. Only items stocked on Harvest Hall shelves or available through the Harvest Hall food stations are allowable meal plan purchases.
- Harvest Hall closes 24 hours after the last exam prior to Christmas and re-opens for the first day back to classes in January.
Convenient Off-Campus Meal Cards
You don’t need to carry cash! Meal cards are available even if you live off-campus. Faculty and students can take advantage of the convenience the meal card offers in Harvest Hall. Any amount of money can be put on your Student ID or Commuter card at the Residence Office in McMaster Hall or the Registration Services Office in Clark Hall. So, whether you are getting the lunch special or just grabbing a coffee and muffin, the Off-Campus Meal Card is a practical and economical way to eat.
Please Note: Off-campus meal purchases are taxable. GST/PST is collected at the time of purchase.