International Financial Aid

Students studying in Canada on a student authorization are not eligible for any student loans or scholarships offered by the government or by Brandon University.

Students may become eligible in senior years for scholarships that are awarded on the basis of outstanding performance in their university studies.

International students who have studied full-time at a post-secondary institution for six months of the last twelve months may be eligible to apply for an off-campus work permit. Once granted a work permit, students may work up to twenty (20) hours per week during regular university sessions and full-time during regularly scheduled breaks. They must hold a valid study permit and have an acceptable (2.0 or greater) grade point average.

Please contact the Office of International Activities for further details on the work permit.