These are the instructions for configuring to the eduroam wireless connection while visiting another institution and while working on a Windows 7 computer.
Before starting please ensure the institution you are visiting is an eduroam participating institution.
Just try to sign in using your BU email address and password. If that doesn’t work then try the steps below.
To Configure Manually
- Click on the Network Icon at the bottom right corner and choose: Open Network and Sharing Centre
- Click on Set up a connection or network
- Select “Manually connect to a wireless network” and click: next
- Network Name: eduroam
- Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES
- Click: Next
- Click: Change connection settings
- Click on the Security Tab
- Choose a network authentication method: Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Click on Settings
- Select all of the check-marks as specified, then click on the Security tab
- Click on the Settings button
- Ensure there is NO check-mark in the box beside: Validate server certificate
- Under Select Authentication Method choose: Secure password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- Click: Configure
- Remove the check-mark from Automatically use my Windows logon name and password
- Click: OK
- Click on OK again to bring you back to the Security Tab on the eduroam Wireless Network Properties dialog
- Click on Advanced Settings
- Put a check mark in Specify authentication mode
- Choose User authentication from the drop down menu
- Click: OK
- Click OK to close the Wireless Network Properties
- You should get a bubble in the lower right-hand corner of the screen that looks something like this:
- Enter your BU email address and your password
You should now be connected. If not, then choose the eduroam wireless network and pick connect.