These are the instructions for configuring an eduroam wireless connection while visiting another institution and while working on a Mac OSX 10.5 or newer.
Before starting please ensure the institution you are visiting is an eduroam participating institution.
First just try to connect to it like any other wifi network and enter your BU email address as password. If that doesn’t work try the steps below.
To Configure manually:
- Open System Preferences from the Dock or the Apple Menu
- Click on the Network Preference Pane
- Select the Airport connection on the left panel. Under Network name, use the pull down menu to select “eduroam”.
- Fill out the form using your Brandon University e-mail address as the user-name and then enter your password
- Since the security certificate has not been seen by this machine before, it will ask you to verify it and trust it on the first login.
- Once you make the changes to trust this certificate, you will be asked to save this to your local computer’s “keychain”. To do this you will need to type the password to your local computer.
You should now be connected to eduroam.