Frequently Asked Questions
When is the library open?
- Click to find our hours of operation.
When is the library reference desk staffed?
- From September 16, 2019 until December 4, 2019, the library reference desk is staffed from 11:00 AM from 4:00 PM Monday to Friday.
- Online Chat: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Monday to Friday (depending on staff availability)
- Walk-in Writing Help is offered in the Library during the Fall and Winter terms. Check the Writing Skills website
Can I borrow material if I’m not a student, staff or faculty member?
- Click for Borrowing Information
What is a COPPUL Card?
- Click for COPPUL Card Information
What newspapers do you have in the library?
- Click for to view our print subscriptions.
How do I cite references in a bibliography?
- Click for Citation information
- Click for Database Frequently Asked Questions
What is JSTOR?
JSTOR is a digital archive collection of core scholarly journals. The journals have been digitized, starting with the very first issues, many of which were published as far back as the nineteenth century.
What is available through JSTOR?
There are many titles in JSTOR Brandon University has access to journals in all collections. For a complete list of the journals available see this page.
Do I have to be on the BU Campus to use JSTOR?
You either have to be on campus or use our method for accessing on campus resources from off campus.
Can I email articles from JSTOR?
No. You can email citations or links to articles, but not articles.
What is the “Moving Wall” in JSTOR?
The “moving wall” represents the time period between the last issue available in JSTOR and the most recently published issue of a journal. It is specified by publishers in their license agreements with JSTOR, and generally ranges from 3 and 5 years. For more information, see JSTOR’s page on the moving wall.