Long Night Against Procrastination
What is it?
Starting Wednesday, March 14th at 7:00pm and running until Thursday, March 15th at 3:00am, the Long Night Against Procrastination is a free, extended-hours event providing a safe place for students to study/write during a critical point in the semester. The event takes place in the Brandon University Library (Main & Music) and the Indigenous Peoples’ Center (IPC). The main floor of the library will be a hum of activity, while the second floor and music will be reduced-noise zones.
Reference librarians and assistants, writing coaches, learning skills, computer help and circulation service will be available throughout the event to work with you to help you make progress with your papers and assignments.
Stay for the entire event, or come for just a few hours. We do recommend that you plan your ride home in advance. There is also a Safe Walk Program, sponsored by the President’s Office or check out the BSAFE app.
Schedule of Events
7:00pm – Get your study on!!!
7:00pm to 11:00pm
- Learning Skills Help (Curriculum)
7:00pm to 2:00am
- Writing Help (Curriculum)
- Research Help (Reference Desk)
- Circulation (Main & Music)
- IT Help Desk (Help Desk)
- IPC open for studying
- Free Beverages (sponsored by Pepsi Beverages Company and the Library)
- Free Snacks (sponsored by the Office of the Vice President Academic & Provost and the Library)
- Book Sale
- Door Prizes
- Safe Walk (sponsored by the President’s Office)
- Therapy Dogs (time TBD – Gathering Space)
- Board Game Empire (time TBD – Gathering Space)
- 7:30pm to 9:30pm – Sit & Knit (Gathering Space)
- 8:00pm to 11:00pm – Beading (Main Floor Map Library)
- 9:00pm to 12:00pm – Stress Reduction Zone (Curriculum Area)
- 10:00pm to 11:00pm – Energizer Break – Improv Games with BU Theatre Club (003 McK Classroom)
- 12:00am – FREE PIZZA (sponsored by BU Alumni Association)
- 1:00am – Cookies and Cram
- 3:00am – Library closes for a few hours and opens again at 8:00am
- 9:00am – 11:00am – Wake up BU! Free Pancakes, Juice and Coffee in the Library Foyer (sponsored by BUSU)
Call or Email:
- Betty Braaksma at the BU Library, 204-727-9688; email@example.com
- Courtney Adams at BU’s Student Services, 204-727-9649; firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon University’s Long Night Against Procrastination is organized by The John E. Robbins Library, Student Services, IT Services, BUSU and the BU Alumni Association.
Why are we doing it?
The Long Night Against Procrastination originated at the European University Viadrina in Germany in 2010. Since then, it’s become a worldwide movement, with the University of Manitoba** offering the first LNAP in Canada in 2011.
**BU thanks the University of Manitoba’s Academic Learning Centre for inspiration and permission to use “Long Night” information.