Orientation will be held on Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 entirely ONLINE! To simplify your Orientation day you should take a few steps to prepare ahead of time:
- Be Ready to ZOOM: You will require access to ZOOM for the Orientation sessions. If you are unfamiliar with Zoom please take the time to learn more about joining a ZOOM session.
- Create a Schedule: Review the Orientation Schedule. Choose the session(s) that are of interest to you and make note of the times for each session on the Preparing for Orientation worksheet. Interested in two conflicting sessions? You can view recorded sessions at a later date on the Orientation Moodle page (see instructions below on how to access the Orientation Moodle page).
- Register for the Sessions: Some sessions require you to complete a registration form. The first 50 students to register for Orientation sessions will be entered in a draw for a BU Hoodie & Prize Pack! Click here to register.
- Organize Zoom Links/Zoom Meeting Details: Check your email on September 7th and organize the Zoom links and meeting details in the Preparing for Orientation worksheet.
- Invite your Parents, Family Members or Supporters: Click here to register for this session.
- Tech Problems on September 8th: If you experience difficulties accessing a session on September 8th, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your problem and we will try to respond as quickly as possible.
Orientation Moodle Page
Some live sessions held on September 8th will be recorded and loaded onto the Orientation Moodle page for you to review or view at a later date. You will also find additional resources that will support your transition to university. To join, please go to the Moodle homepage and complete the following:
- Log in to Moodle using your Brandon University username and password that you claimed.
- Under “Course Categories,” please choose the first option – Student Services.
- Click on the Orientation 2020 course title and click “Enrol.”
- You now have access to the Moodle classroom and all Orientation resources!
- Keep checking back, as we will be updating this page throughout September.
*Orientation is intended for first-year undergraduate students. Graduate students and B.Ed (After Degree) students may have program specific orientation events arranged for a different date or in a format.
*Students starting in Winter Term (January 2021) will attend an Orientation on January 4th. Please check back to www.brandonu.ca/accepted in December for more information.