January Orientation 2021
Winter Orientation will be held on Monday, January 4th, 2021 entirely ONLINE! To simplify your Orientation day you should take a few steps to prepare ahead of time:
- Be Ready to ZOOM: You will require access to ZOOM for the Orientation sessions. If you are unfamiliar with Zoom please take the time to learn more about joining a ZOOM session.
- Create a Schedule: Review the Orientation Schedule. Choose the session(s) that are of interest to you and make note of the times for each session.
- Register for the Sessions: Some sessions require you to complete a registration form. Click here to register.
- Organize Zoom Links/Zoom Meeting Details: Check your email on January 4th and organize the Zoom links.
- Troubleshoot Tech Problems on January 4th: If you experience difficulties accessing a session on January 4th, please email email@example.com with the details of your problem and we will try to respond as quickly as possible.
Orientation Moodle Page
Some live sessions held on January 4th will be recorded and loaded onto the Orientation Moodle page for you to review or view at a later date. You will also find additional resources that will support your transition to university, including recorded sessions from Fall Orientation held in September 2020. To join, please go to the Moodle homepage and complete the following:
- Log in to Moodle using your Brandon University username and password that you claimed.
- Under “Course Categories,” please choose the first option – Student Services.
- Click on the Orientation 2021 course title and click “Enrol.”
- You now have access to the Moodle classroom and all Orientation resources!
- Keep checking back, as we will be updating this page throughout September.
*Winter Orientation is intended for first-year undergraduate students starting in January 2021.