We are pleased to host the Prairie Discrete Mathematics Workshop (PDMW) 2018 at Brandon University in Brandon, Manitoba.
- The workshop will be held in the Brodie Science Building of Brandon University, June 12 – 15, 2018.
- The main objective of the PDMW is to bring together researchers in the area
of discrete mathematics from across the prairie region as well as neighbouring
provinces and states. The goal for the workshop is to provide opportunities
for sharing research and joint research projects.
- The PDMW has been held annually since 2003 (with the exception of 2007 and 2014). 2018 represents the fourteenth workshop
Richard Brewster (Thompson Rivers University)
Ada Chan (York University)
Rob Craigen (University of Manitoba)
Shonda Gosselin (University of Winnipeg)
Gary MacGillivray (University of Victoria)
Karen Meagher (University of Regina)
We invite anyone working in discrete mathematics, including those working in combinatorics, graph theory, matrix analysis, quantum information theory, and theoretical computer science, to submit an abstract for a contributed talk. Early career researchers, postdocs, and graduate students are particularly encouraged to submit an abstract.
Invited speakers as well as participants who wish to present a contributed talk or a poster should send a title/abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the Presentation Abstract .tex file Rename the file to your name and send only the .tex file (no need for the pdf version).
The deadline for title and abstract submission is: May 1, 2018.
If you do not wish to give a talk or poster, but would still like to participate in the event, please register by emailing email@example.com by May 1, 2018 with your name and affiliation.
- Fly to Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport (YWG) and take the Brandon Air Shuttle or rent a car (one way or for the week)
- Fly to Brandon Municipal Airport (YBR) via Westjet. There is only one flight per day (via Calgary) so be sure to book early!
- Driving from Winnipeg takes roughly 2.5 hours; Driving from Regina takes roughly 3.5 hours, though you have to pay attention to the time zone difference.
- We are working on getting parking passes.
Click here for the official campus map.
- The Victoria Inn: We have arranged a special conference rate for the dates of the workshop: $125.99+taxes per night for single occupancy, two queen beds, one hot breakfast; $135.99+taxes per night for double occupancy, two queen beds, two hot breakfasts. Reservations made after the deadline of May 12th, 2018 will be on a space available basis and the group rate may no longer apply. Please call the hotel (204-725-1532) and use group number 377438 or group name “Prairie Discrete Math Workshop” when booking.
- University Residence: Low-cost option; ideal for students and postdocs.
The Fields Institute