Student Leadership Certificate
- Free, non-credit leadership workshops that develop individual and team leadership skills;
- Participate in a series of engaging and interactive workshops facilitated by Faculty and local Community Leaders;
- Honour Indigenous history and culture, including perspectives on leadership topics: This is in response to the Truth & Reconciliation Commission Call to Action. Brandon University has made a shared commitment to promoting and advancing Indigenous education, while supporting the reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people in Manitoba.
Who Can Apply?
Current Brandon University Undergraduate students who demonstrate:
- Successful completion of 24 credit hours or more;
- Good academic standing (minimum sessional grade point average of 2.0);
- Interest in learning about Indigenous history and culture, including Indigenous perspectives on leadership;
- Interest in engaging in respectful group discussions with peers who represent the diverse community of Brandon University (diverse in Faculty/program, age, background, orientation, culture etc.)
- Commitment to participate in all eight workshops held during Term 2 (January – March 2018)
- 7 Workshops take place on Wednesday evenings beginning Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 6:30pm. Most workshops are 90 minutes in length – a couple run longer (see schedule for details);
- 1 Workshop will be on Thursday, February 15 (as a result, no workshop on Wednesday, February 14);
- No workshops will be offered during Reading Week (February 19-23);
- Final gathering will be on Wednesday, March 21 at 5:30pm (Keynote, awards, dinner & celebration);
You will benefit!
- Personal & Professional Development: Through interactive, hands-on workshops focused on Leadership development;
- Truth & Reconciliation: Learn Indigenous and Non-Indigenous perspectives on leadership and gain insight into our collective responsibility to work towards reconciliation.
- Engagement: Involvement in campus life by networking with your peers, Elders, Faculty and Community Leaders!
- Recognition: Participate in all eight workshops and receive a Student Leadership Certificate (great for building your academic portfolio and resume)!
- Awards Ceremony: Brandon University will honour participants through a dinner celebration at the completion of the program.