Objective & Action Item Updates
Objectives and action items were developed by the Workplace Wellness Task Force based on feedback obtained through a series of Town-Hall workshops. The objectives and action items were shared with the campus community in December 2014. Objectives were set for each of the three targets for action. The objective is a workplace environment:
- Characterized by trust, honesty, and fairness.
- Where employees are respectful and considerate in their interactions with one another, as well as with students and the public.
- Where there is effective leadership and support that helps employees know what they need to do, how their work contributes to the organization, and whether there are impending changes.
Workplace Wellness Task Force – Objectives and Action Items
Targets for action in the first six months were also identified by the Workplace Wellness Task Force. An update on accomplishments toward the six month goals was shared with the campus community in May 2015.
- initiating Mental Health First Aid training at Brandon University
- selecting a Respect in the Workplace training program
- developing a diversity and equity plan
- providing leadership development opportunities for existing and future BU leadership
- enhancing the sense of community through mobilizing attendance at campus event
- developing a communication plan for the WWTF
- launching and implementing the RESPECT Campaign in 2016
With the establishment of the BU Wellness Committee in 2018, the committee will be reviewing a number of possible initiatives and activities to support the physical and mental well-being of our faculty and staff . Preliminary initiatives include the Bell Let’s Talk Day, Tuesday Walk & Talk breaks and Mental Health Awareness Week, to name a few. The committee will collaborate with other groups and committees on campus to help provide united support for the mental wellness of our faculty and staff.