Objective & Action Item Updates
Objectives and action items were developed by the Workplace Wellness Task Force based on feedback obtained through a series of Town-Hall workshops. The objectives and action items were shared with the campus community in December 2014. Objectives were set for each of the three targets for action. The objective is a workplace environment:
- Characterized by trust, honesty, and fairness.
- Where employees are respectful and considerate in their interactions with one another, as well as with students and the public.
- Where there is effective leadership and support that helps employees know what they need to do, how their work contributes to the organization, and whether there are impending changes.
Workplace Wellness Task Force – Objectives and Action Items
Targets for action in the first six months were also identified by the Workplace Wellness Task Force. An update on accomplishments toward the six month goals was shared with the campus community in May 2015.
- initiating Mental Health First Aid training at Brandon University
- selecting a Respect in the Workplace training program
- developing a diversity and equity plan
- providing leadership development opportunities for existing and future BU leadership
- enhancing the sense of community through mobilizing attendance at campus event
- developing a communication plan for the WWTF
The WWTF continues to build on these achievements in relation to the identified objectives. Currently, the following initiatives are underway.
- preparing to launch RESPECT Campaign in February 2016 completed June 2016
- implementing aspects of the communication plan including
- launch of wellness website in January 2016 completed
- partner with BU Communications Officers (e.g. a standing spot on This Week @ BU communication, issue BU News articles in relation to wellness activities, representative from Communications Office to serve on the Workplace Wellness Task Force)
- collaborative review of the existing Respectful Environment Policy in progress
- BU Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) steering committee and sub committees developing plan for the required 5 standards, starting with AMA – Customer Service Standards – a collaborative effort with Province’s Post-Secondary Institutions in progress