Admission Policy

Can I be admitted to Brandon University without the English language proficiency requirement?

The Office of International Activities offers an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program for prospective students requiring a minimum level of English before becoming a Brandon University student. Successful completion of Tier IV EAP is considered the equivalent to the minimum scores required on English Proficiency tests recognized by Brandon University. Students will be admitted to Brandon University upon successfully completing Tier IV EAP providing all other entrance requirements are met.

If you require a Brandon University Offer of Admission to acquire a study permit, you must submit the following:

  1. BU online application form and non-refundable application fee.
  2. EAP Application Form and non-refundable deposit.
  3. Official, original documents sent directly from all previously attended educational institutions. Documents must be presented in English* and should be sent to the Admissions Office by the granting institutions in a sealed envelope.

* Documents not in English must be translated by a certified translator. The translator must note they received the transcript(s) in a sealed enveloped from the school and/or post-secondary institution.