Who is EAP for?
EAP is primarily for students who are preparing to enter English-speaking post-secondary educational institutions and need to improve their English skills to university-level fluency.
EAP is also designed for those people who want to improve their use of English as a second language for professional or personal purposes.
Some knowledge of the English language is required before students are accepted into the EAP program. Generally, high school English is required.
Note: This is not an English conversation class only.
- Direct entry into regular university classes after successful completion of the highest level
- Social activities that provide insight into Canadian culture
- Courses offered year-round in three 13-week sessions
- Different levels of instruction dependent upon each student’s needs
- Opportunities to speak in class through active participation in a variety of oral activities
- Academic and cultural orientation, and orientation to the university and its facilities
- Full access to Brandon University facilities (library, computers, e-mail, internet, language lab, gymnasium)
- International student advisor and academic counselling at Student Services
- International Students’ Organization (ISO) provides EAP students with the opportunity to meet with students from other countries
- Fully equipped language and computer laboratories enable students to enhance their English skills as well as their keyboarding and word processing skills
- Internet and e-mail access
- State-of-the-art library facility
- Fully-equipped gymnasium
- On-campus theatre