Destination BU Video Challenge
The Office of International Activities Destination BU Video Challenge is your opportunity to:
- promote an understanding of the challenges international students overcome and the energy and eagerness they bring
- showcase international student* travel to Brandon
- engage with the broader BU community and Brandon/Westman region
- Winning video – $1000 prize!
*eligibility open to enrolled Brandon University international students
We want students to create a series of short videos documenting their departure from home, their travel, their arrival in Canada, and their arrival at BU. Students should use their preferred social media to record and share these videos in the way that is the most natural for them. Any social media is okay (Facebook Reels, Instagram Stories, or Tik Tok are preferred). Still photos or photos with animated effects are okay – so long as they can be shared in the same format and tell part of the same story. Ideally, the videos share what you are doing, as well as how you are feeling (excited, nervous, anxious, eager).
Videos should include:
- Departure from home (a bit about your home, final family meal, packing, saying goodbyes, travel to airport, etc.)
- Travel (highlight length of travel, departing, transit, and arrival airports, takeoffs and landing, what do you do on the plane?)
- Arrival in Canada (what’s different from home? what’s the same?)
- Arrival at BU (what are your experiences, what are you looking forward to? Prefer: include a shot of you at the bobcat statue in the courtyard)
Deadline for video submissions by Jan 15, 2022
$1000 for the winning video
- Total length of videos – maximum 4 minutes
- Upload all videos from your social media posts in one submission to WeTransfer.com with the following details:
- Email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your email – make sure to use your BU email address
- Title – Destination BU video challenge
- Message – indicate your name and student number
- Click the Transfer button to send files
The Office of International Activities will work with the Communications Office to review videos for appropriateness (explicit language or graphic imagery may be disqualified) and to share videos with the community. Community feedback will help determine the final winner.