Office of International Activities

The Office of International Activities is a home away from home for all international students. All international students should feel welcome here and can seek assistance with all types of concerns.

As well, All BU students are encouraged to visit the office for information on exchange programs, travelling, working, or studying abroad.

This year, over 200 international students from more than 30 countries are attending regular and English language studies at Brandon University.  We provide an Orientation session in the fall and continuous international student advocacy, including referrals to counselling and advising services. We help all international students who need assistance with transportation from the Winnipeg International Airport to Brandon University.

Brandon University maintains partnership and exchange agreements with institutions in many countries.  Brandon University has recently received membership in the National Student Exchange, a consortium of over 200 universities in the USA, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam and Canada.

The Office of International Activities houses the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program, which provides instruction to approximately 30 students each term. Three thirteen-week sessions are offered each year, beginning in January, April and September. The EAP program also offers  social activities, language and computer labs, and internet and email access. For more information, please visit the English for Academic Purposes website.

Please Be Advised:

The staff in the Office of International Activities are not legally permitted to provide you with immigration advice including, but not limited to study and work permits, renewals, post graduate work permits or permanent residency applications. In addition, Brandon University does not provide custodial/guardian services for minors.

Should you require any assistance regarding applying for your Visa/Study Permit please visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)’s website Study in Canada as an international student or visit The College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (the College) website to locate a certified immigration consultant.

* Please note fees may vary and you are NOT obligated to use an RCIC representative or agent to apply to Brandon University or process your study visa.