Entry into the Master of Psychiatric Nursing program requires:
- Licensure, or eligibility for licensure, as a registered psychiatric nurse or registered nurse in Canada with mental health nursing experience;
- An undergraduate degree in either psychiatric nursing and or nursing OR a diploma in psychiatric nursing accompanied by an alternative undergraduate degree which includes a research methods course and a statistics course. If the undergraduate program does not sufficiently prepare students for the MPN program, additional courses may be required and must be completed prior to admission;
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (B) in the last 60 credit hours of university study or all credit hours of post-diploma degree if less than 60 credit hours;
- Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry, CPR and current immunization are not required for admission but may be required for specific placements.
- At least two equivalent full-time years of practice in psychiatric nursing is required.