Wellness Peer Educator Volunteers
Wellness Peer Educator Volunteers are a dynamic team of students who are committed to Wellness initiatives on campus. They are instrumental in planning and promoting thematic outreach programs to Brandon University students on a variety of wellness topics such as sexual health, emotional wellbeing, physical health, stress management as well as other topics that the Wellness Peer Educators are passionate about and feel need to be addressed.
Wellness Peer Educators support students by planning wellness events, activities and workshops to engage students in wellness opportunities.
Wellness Peer Educators meet regularly to decide on which topics they feel need to be addressed on campus and then develop a plan to bring more awareness or information on this topic to the student body.
Wellness Peer Educators:
- Develop transferable skills to the job market
- Participate in experiential learning opportunities
- Experience mentorship and goal setting with Student Services staff members
- Receive an official transcript notation once 20 volunteer hours have been achieved
- Can request a letter of reference for their portfolio
Wellness Peer Educators are expected:
- To be passionate about Wellness
- To commit approximately 1-2 volunteer hours per week
- To maintain good academic standing (2.0 GPA)
- To attend Wellness Peer Educator core training events
- To attend Wellness Peer Educator strategizing and planning meetings
- To assist with planning and promoting wellness topics
This information is available in alternate formats upon request.