Writing Skills Workshops
Students are strongly encouraged to attend as many of the writing skills workshops as possible. Workshops and seminars are designed to assist students in a group setting. This way, students can benefit from hearing other students’ questions and collaborate in finding solutions. Typically, sessions are focused on a particular topic that comprises part of the pre-writing or writing process. Students making individual appointments may be advised to attend seminars and workshops in addition to their one-on-one sessions.
- All workshops are open to BU students and staff.
- No pre-registration required.
- Each workshop is 40-50 minutes long.
- Faculty/Instructors are welcome to ask for in-class workshop presentations, or to offer bonus marks for student attendance at writing skills workshops or appointments. Contact us for details.
- If students are unable to attend workshops at one of the slot options, they may book an individual or small group appointment to receive the workshop content (Zoom or In-person). Book with Joan or Karen on the Writing Skills home page: https://www.brandonu.ca/academic-skills/writing-skills/
- All workshops are in Rm. 005, basement of the A. E. McKenzie Building.
- Academic Integrity: Preventing Plagiarism
- Annotated Bibliography
- APA 7 Citation Basics
- Essay Basics
- Grammar Basics
- How to Write a Good Essay
- Thesis Statement Basics