Luck is what happens when opportunity meets preparation.
It’s no secret that networking matters. 85% of jobs are filled through networking, and it’s often part of the job itself.
School is where your network begins, and we know it that it can be tricky to start on your own and to keep at it. That’s why we’ve partnered with Ten Thousand Coffees to connect our community through the BU Café. This mentoring and networking platform provides you a cheat sheet to nail first impressions, have rewarding conversations, and make a lasting impact.
Once you sign up to the platform, matches are made each month automatically and are optimized to your goals and experience. Introductions are guided with suggested talking points. Plus, you will get compliments and feedback after each meeting.
All you need to do is find time in each other’s schedules to meet in-person, chat on the phone, or online with Skype or Google Hangouts.
Join the BU Café to be matched with fellow students and alumni for career-driven conversation and smart networking.
- Develop your networking and communications skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of Brandon University alumni and partners based on your industry and interests
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available with your degree
For alumni & partners
- Build and maintain relationships with students and former students
- Enhance your own professional network, with peers who all have BU in common
- Receive the advantages that mentorship and connection can bring
RBC Future Launch is RBC’s commitment to empower Canadian youth for the jobs of tomorrow. RBC is dedicating $500 million to help young people access meaningful employment through practical work experience, skills development, networking and access to mental well-being supports and services.