The Co-operative Education Program builds meaningful and relevant work into your degree; you get to learn and earn. With Co-op, you will gain new skills, have career-defining experiences, and develop connections that will last you a lifetime.
FAQ Student Questions
The Co-op Program at Brandon University provides you with the opportunity to gain relevant and meaningful work experience while you explore different career options. At the same time, you will expand your network of industry professionals and build skills suited to the ever-changing job market. What’s the best part? You get support from the Co-op Office every step of the way.
Are you still not sure? Studies show that students who have Co-op as a part of their degree, are hired more quickly after graduation, in a job that is connected to their field of study and they are paid at a higher rate compared to their non-Co-op classmates.
- Initiative – Do you have the initiative to start building your future while earning your degree at BU?
- Willingness to learn – Are you willing to learn new skills; whether is learning how to write a professional resume, or learning new skills on the job?
- Flexibility – Are you willing to adapt to new upcoming opportunities? Or are you open to opportunities that do not exactly match your expectations?
- Resourcefulness – Will you ask questions, seek out answers and try new things to get to their goal?
- Future-focused- Do you wish to kick start your career?
Get your competitive edge with BU Co-op.