Brandon University Convocation
Normally, Convocation is the ceremony during which your degree will be bestowed and is the culmination of your undergraduate and graduate education at Brandon University.
Regretfully, we have made the difficult and disappointing decision to cancel the Spring 2020 Convocation ceremonies. Eligible students will still graduate, and the Senate will still confirm degrees. Your degree will be mailed to you. We hope to schedule a future Convocation so that all students who want to will have the chance to walk across the stage, shake hands, and be formally presented with their degree.
This year, we’re doing a few new things!
Many families are planning a “home Convocation” and if you would like to use Brandon University graduation regalia in your celebration, please reach out to Garspard, our official supplier, at email@example.com. Please be sure to tag us on social media with all your photos! Learn more.
Share your accomplishments on social media. We’ve created a special Facebook frame for BU graduates. And you can play BU Bingo to mark off all your memories.
Watch your BU student email for more, or stay up to date below.
- Press Play on Non-vocation - Congratulations, Class of 2020! As of today, you are a BU graduate. Each one of you has achieved a unique journey of individual success. You have overcome the rough spots and the challenges to earn a degree, and the right to call yourself a BU grad. This is something you share with hundreds of your […]
- ‘Twas the Night Before…Non-vocation?? - Dear graduates, Remember when you spent more time face to face than on FaceTime? When the Teams you tuned into were athletes? When you logged in to Moodle only to check how you did on your last test? When TopHat was something fancy people in old movies wore on their heads? Our world has changed, […]
- Sharing the Convocation Week Fun - Dear graduates, Two more sleeps until you will be an official BU graduate! One of the fun things about graduation is looking back to see how far you’ve come over these past years, to remember all the experiences you’ve had and shared, and to reflect on what has made your time at BU unique and […]
- Welcome to graduation week, Class of 2020! - Dear graduates, Hopefully, your “Grad at Home” planning is well underway and you are looking forward to this Thursday, May 28, which will very likely go down in the books as BU’s most untraditional graduation day in our long history. When we had to make the difficult decision back in March to postpone your Convocation […]
- Grad At Home 2020 — Celebrate in Style - Dear graduates, By this time next week, we’ll be celebrating the culmination of your BU experience. Our plans to cheer you across the Convocation stage along with your family and friends have been unexpectedly interrupted by a historical, global event, so we are embracing creative options to recognize and honour your achievement from a distance. […]