Information for Graduates
Congratulations! It’s almost time to walk across the stage and receive your degree — the formal moment that recognizes your academic accomplishments.
To make Convocation the best it can be, here is the important information you need to know.
Formal graduation is conditional upon all grades being available and all outstanding fees being paid. If you owe ANY monies to Brandon University you will not receive your degree parchments or transcripts until your account is paid in full.
Remember, you must have applied to graduate before March 18, 2022.
If you have any questions please contact the Senate Office at Senate@BrandonU.ca
- Thursday, May 26, 10 a.m. — Faculty of Science and School of Music (includes Music/Education concurrent)
- Thursday, May 26, 2 p.m. — Faculty of Education (includes Physical Education and Arts/Education integrated)
- Friday, May 27, 10 a.m. — Faculty of Health Studies
- Friday, May 27, 2 p.m. — Faculty of Arts
You should arrive at the HLC one hour before your ceremony time.
If at all possible, attend the Convocation Rehearsal:
Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Time: 1:00 – 1:30 PM
Location: Henry Champ Gymnasium
Blue caps, blue gowns and the appropriate color hoods and tassels are required for those graduands attending the ceremony.
To receive your academic attire, you must pre-order your attire online through Gaspard Regalia: https://www.buildagrad.ca/brandonu
- Order Deadline: Sunday, May 15 at 11:59 p.m.
- Pick up time: 1 hour prior to the ceremony, Henry Champ Gymnasium
- Return time: 1 hour after the ceremony, Henry Champ Gymnasium
- Online Pre-Order Cost: $33.32 includes gst/pst
- On Site* Cost: $43.00 includes gst/pst
*We strongly encourage you to order your academic attire online in advance as we cannot guarantee availability on site the day of the ceremonies.
When ordering academic attire online, you will be prompted to indicate a year for the tassel that will hang from your graduation cap. Make your selection according to the table below:
- I graduated in October 2019, February 2020, or May 2020 — 2020 tassel
- I graduated in October 2020, February 2021, or May 2021 — 2021 tassel
- I graduated in October 2021, February 2022, or May 2022 — 2022 tassel
- worn flat on head (not tilted back on head)
- may be pinned to hair
- tassel to be positioned over right eye (will be moved to the left upon instruction at the ceremony)
- zipper up the front
- “V” at front, pinned at bottom of “V” and at each shoulder.
- Hair pins and straight pins will be provided.
- Flowers may not be carried across the stage. Corsages may be worn.
- Provisions for cameras, purses or other personal belongings are not available.
- Students will keep their caps, tassels and charms as keepsakes.
- Many grads choose to decorate their cap, for example with beading, and you are welcome to personalize it in tasteful and celebratory fashion. Inappropriate caps will not be permitted.
Class of 2020 and 2021 RSVP Reminder
If you are a graduate of the Class of 2020 or 2021, in order to participate in Convocation this May, you must submit an RSVP before April 29 at 4:30pm (CST) indicating that you are attending.
If you are a graduate of the Class of 2020 or 2021 AND you are also graduating again as part of the Class of 2022, you do not need to submit an RSVP (see more details about your situation below).
Some of you graduated in 2020 or 2021 with one degree and are now graduating again in 2022 with another degree. If you are in this situation, please note the following:
- You will cross the stage once with the Faculty/School from which you are graduating/have graduated in 2022.
- Both of your degrees (and any associated graduation awards for each degree) will be announced when you cross the stage.
- You will specify 2022 as your tassel year when ordering academic attire, but if you wish to also have a tassel charm with your prior graduation year, you may order one separately at https://www.gaspard.ca/souvenir-tassel-with-yeardate-charm/
We are not imposing a formal limit on the number of guests that graduates can bring to the Convocation ceremonies. However, in consideration of ongoing public health realities, we request that you only invite those who are the very closest to you; this will be unique for each graduate.
If you have many people who wish to celebrate with you or if you have guests who wish to be near while you are graduating but do not feel comfortable in closely populated settings, we invite people to bring wi-fi enabled devices in order to enjoy the ceremonies via livestream from anywhere on the campus grounds, weather permitting. Free wi-fi is available. These guests would then be able to meet up with you after the ceremony for photos, etc.
Guests who are unable to be in Brandon or on campus for the ceremonies will be able to view Convocation via livestream on Facebook and YouTube. Links to the livestream feeds will be available on the Convocation website.
Flowers, Pictures, and BU Memorabilia
Flowers may be purchased through Brandon University’s partner, Convocation Flowers.
- Orders may be submitted online prior to Convocation for pickup on site the day of Convocation or
- Flowers may be purchased directly onsite the day of Convocation
- For details or to make a pre-order online, from Convocation Flowers at www.thecommencementgroup.com/brandonu
Brandon University has contracted a professional photographer to take photographs of each graduand on stage receiving their degree.
- Individual graduand photographs will be available for purchase following the event.
- These images will be available for viewing and purchase at TBA
- To book a photo session contact Imperial Photo at http://www.imperialphoto.ca/bugrad.html
Campus Books, the Brandon University bookstore, will be on site at Convocation with a wide selection of BU memorabilia available for purchase
- On-site purchases may be made by cash, cheque, or credit card
- Memorabilia can also be ordered online through their website https://www.bkstr.com/brandonustore/home
Brandon University Alumni will be on site at Convocation with a wide selection of BU frames available for purchase.
Official transcripts may be ordered through Financial & Registration Services. It is your responsibility to order official transcripts. If you order transcripts prior to convocation, please ensure that you ask Financial & Registration Services to mail your transcripts AFTER convocation.
Visit their website or call 1-204-727-9724 for more information.