Information for Graduates
Formal graduation is conditional upon all grades being available and all outstanding fees being paid. If you owe ANY monies to Brandon University you will not receive your degree parchments or transcripts until your account is paid in full.
Remember, you must have applied to graduate before March 26, 2021.
If you have any questions please contact the Senate Office at Senate@brandonu.ca
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and associated public health restrictions, detailed information on May 2021 Convocation celebrations will only become available in late winter. The Convocation website will be updated with current information periodically so please check back regularly, and we will also send information bulletins to your BU email as decisions are made.
Blue caps, blue gowns and the appropriate coloured hoods and tassels are required for those graduands attending the ceremony.
To receive your academic attire, you must pre-order your attire online through Gaspard Regalia: TBA
- Order Deadline: TBA
- Pick up time: 1 hour prior to the ceremony, Henry Champ Gymnasium
- Return time: 1 hour after the ceremony, Henry Champ Gymnasium
- Online Pre Order Cost: TBD
- On Site Cost: TBD
- worn flat on head (not tilted back on head)
- may be pinned to hair
- tassel to be positioned over right eye (will be moved to the left upon instruction at the ceremony)
- zipper up the front
- “V” at front, pinned at bottom of “V” and at each shoulder.
- Hair pins and straight pins will be provided.
- Flowers may not be carried across the stage. Corsages may be worn.
- Provisions for cameras, purses or other personal belongings are not available.
- Students will keep their caps, tassels and charms as keepsakes.
Flowers, Pictures, and BU Memorabilia
Flowers may be purchased through Brandon University’s partner, Convocation Flowers.
- Orders may be submitted online prior to Convocation for pickup on site the day of Convocation or
- Flowers may be purchased directly onsite the day of Convocation
- For details or to make a pre-order online, visit TBA
Brandon University has contracted a professional photographer to take photographs of each graduand on stage receiving their degree.
- Individual graduand photographs will be available for purchase following the event.
- These images will be available for viewing and purchase at TBA
Campus Books, the Brandon University bookstore, will be on site at Convocation with a wide selection of BU memorabilia available for purchase
- On-site purchases may be made by cash, cheque, or credit card
- Memorabilia can also be ordered online through their website https://www.bkstr.com/brandonustore/home
Location: Henry Champ Gymnasium
Official transcripts may be ordered through Financial & Registration Services. It is your responsibility to order official transcripts. If you order transcripts prior to convocation, please ensure that you ask Financial & Registration Services to mail your transcripts AFTER convocation.
Visit their website or call 1-204-727-9724 for more information.