Classical And Modern Languages
Why study French at Brandon University?
Did you know…?
- French is one of the two official languages of Canada;
- it is the third most studied language in the world;
- and it is set to become the world’s most spoken language by 2050.
The French Program at Brandon University proposes a vibrant, comprehensive array of courses, as well as a dynamic learning environment, whether you want to reconnect with your Francophone roots, envision travelling or working in Manitoba or abroad, or are curious about learning new languages and literature.
Working in French Language and Literature at Home or Abroad
Below are some of the career paths open to you with a French background in higher education at Brandon University:
- Health: Nurse, Medical Practitioner, Counselor
- Education: Early-Childhood Educator, Teacher, Researcher
- Business: Administrator, Manager, Mediator
- Arts and Music: Curator, Event Organizer, Public Relations Officer
- Public Service: Lawyer, Social Justice Advocate, Community Development Consultant (municipal, provincial, federal)
- Sciences: Crisis Relief Advisor, Rural Development Researcher, Technician
Join our French community on Facebook
* * *
We also offer courses of Spanish (Intro and Intermediate)
* * *
Courses of Latin and of Native languages (Cree, Dakota, and Ojibway — Intro, Intermediate, and Advanced) are also available in 2018-2019