Best Practices: Manitoba Municipalities and Integrated Control Strategies for Leafy Spurge
The purpose of this project was to use a combination of demonstration and extension activities, aimed at increasing awareness at the municipal level about the extent and impact of leafy spurge infestation. The main objectives of this project included:
- Assess the infestation of leafy spurge of four selected municipalities
- Provide field site experience demonstration on what municipalities can do to prevent leafy spurge
- Provide information and demonstration on what municipalities can do to prevent the spread of leafy spurge
- Document and demonstrate existing control measures of each participating municipality; and
- Develop Integrated Pest Management strategies for participating municipalities.