Community Collaboration to Improve Health Care Access of Northern Residents
Goals of the CIHR Access Project:
- Design effective processes and forums for collaboration involving northern community residents and health care organizations to discuss access issues and generate solutions.
- Describe issues of access to health services from the experiences of northern residents.
- Identify quantitative and qualitative population health data that are appropriate and relevant for use by northern communities.
- Build community capacity to use health data and access theory to understand community experiences in accessing health services, as well as capacity to influence program planning and policy development.
- Evaluate the design of health service delivery to improve access by northern residents.
- Influence healthy public policy to ensure it is appropriate and relevant for people and communities of the north.