Improve Health Care Access of Northern Residents
Goals of the Project
- Design effective processes and forums for collaboration involving
northern community residents and health care organizations to
discuss access issues and generate solutions.
- Describe issues of access to health services from the experiences
of northern residents.
- Identify quantitative and qualitative population health data that are
appropriate and relevant for use by northern communities.
- Build community capacity to use health data and access theory to
understand community experiences in accessing health services,
as well as capacity to influence program planning and policy
- Evaluate the design of health service delivery to improve access
by northern residents.
- Influence healthy public policy to ensure it is appropriate and
relevant for people and communities of the north.