The Economic Social Political and Cultural Dimensions of Forest Dependence in Eastern Manitoba
The objectives of the study are to:
- Document the levels of local employment income generated by the forestry industry in eastern Manitoba and Interlake,
- Identify and enumerate the participants in the industry,
- Categorize the value-adding initiatives derived from forestry and determine the benefit they bring,
- Determine the demographic characteristics of the people working in the industry and the benefits to them and
- Discuss future levels of production and their impacts on the people of these areas.