A bursary is money granted to a student primarily on the basis of financial need, though other criteria may also apply.
To be eligible for Continuing Bursary consideration, you must meet all of the eligibility criteria below:
- Registration in Brandon University courses during the prior year;
If you are a BU student who was on an approved exchange during the prior year, please see Considerations for Outgoing Exchange Students.
- Demonstrated financial need;
- Registration at Brandon University or on an approved exchange program for the upcoming year.
Demonstrating Financial Need
Once you have submitted your online scholarship-bursary application, you must complete the Financial Need Information form that appears on the screen:
- If you are applying for provincial student loans, you must supply a copy of your Student Loan Assessment or Notice of Assistance to the Scholarships and Awards Office as soon as you receive it.
- If you are not applying for student loans and are self-declaring your financial need, you must complete the online budget form in full for the 8-month regular academic session (September – April).