A scholarship-bursary is a scholarship with a financial need component. It is granted primarily on high academic performance, but the recipient must also show proof of financial need.
To be eligible for Continuing Scholarship-Bursary consideration, you must meet all of the eligibility criteria below:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Registration in Brandon University courses during the prior year;
If you are a BU student who was on an approved exchange during the prior year, please see Considerations for Outgoing Exchange Students.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5;
(Scholarship recipients typically have GPAs closer to 4.0.)
- Demonstrated financial need;
- Registration at Brandon University or on an approved exchange program for the upcoming year.
Demonstrating Financial Need
Once you have submitted your online scholarship-bursary application, you must complete the online budget form in full for the 8-month regular academic session (September – April).