A graduating scholarship-bursary is a scholarship with a financial need component. It is granted to a student after their final year of study primarily on the basis of high academic standing, but the recipient must also show proof of financial need. Other criteria may also apply (such as acceptance to a graduate/professional school).
To be eligible for Graduating Scholarship-Bursary consideration, you must meet all of the eligibility criteria below:
- Registration in Brandon University courses during the prior year;
If you are a BU student who was on an approved exchange during the prior year, please see Considerations for Outgoing Exchange Students.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5;
(Scholarship recipients typically have GPAs closer to 4.0.)
- Demonstrated financial need.
Demonstrating Financial Need
Once you have submitted your online scholarship-bursary application, you must complete the Financial Need Information form that appears on the screen:
- If you are applying for provincial student loans, you must supply a copy of your Student Loan Assessment or Notice of Assistance to the Scholarships and Awards Office as soon as you receive it.
- If you are not applying for student loans and are self-declaring your financial need, you must complete the online budget form in full for the 8-month regular academic session (September – April).