Alcohol and Drugs
- Are you in financial difficulty as a result of your drinking?
- Do you drink alone?
- Do you require more alcohol to achieve the same effects?
- Do you drink more often now that when you used to?
- Do you sometimes feel guilty about your drinks?
- Do you drink to relax?
- Do you ever forget things while drinking?
- Do you keep alcohol hidden for a quick pick-me-up?
- Is your drinking jeopardizing your academic performance?
- Have you ever injured yourself or other persons after drinking?
- Do you drive after using alcohol?
- Is alcohol affecting your relationships?
- Have you ever needed a morning eye-opener drink?
- Have you ever been annoyed by criticism of your drinking?
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
If a number of the above items apply to you, or if you felt yourself getting defensive while answering these questions, it may indicate that a problem exists and that you may want to take a more detailed look at your drinking behaviour. Further evaluation could help you decide if a problem actually exists. Caution should be exercised in using this evaluation form to assess someone else’s drinking situation.
Source: Alcohol and Drugs