Student Travel & Conference Fee Fund
The Student Travel & Conference Fee Fund (STCF) is a shared responsibility between Student Services and the Brandon University Students’ Union (BUSU). The STCF Committee is comprised of the Acting Dean of Student Services (or designate), 2 faculty members (preferably from different faculties), and 2 BUSU representatives.
Please note, the rules and application deadline to apply for the STCF have changed. Please read the form carefully.
Applying, application deadline and reimbursement:
- Due to limited funding it is recommended you apply as soon as possible. The application process will be closed once funds are depleted for the year.
- Student(s) must have a G.P.A. of 2.0 or better.
- Applications must be received three (3) weeks prior to the travel/conference date.
- Reimbursement may be up to, but will not exceed 75% of the total amount requested.
- Reimbursement of eligible expenses must be supported by official receipts and will not be typically paid out until after the event occurs.
a) If a travel advance is required, the committee must be informed in writing a minimum of three (3) weeks in advance of the initial travel/conference date.
- Submitted Official receipts must add up to the amount granted, or more. If the sum of the receipts are less than the amount granted you will be reimbursed for the actual total of the receipts, not the amount granted.
- Official receipts must be handed in to the Student Services Office within three (3) weeks of your return date or funding will be revoked.
- Students/group must include a brief report (approx. 250 words) of your experiences at the conference within three (3) weeks of your return date. Failure to include the report will result in loss of funding.
What is covered:
- The fund covers expenses for off-campus conferences and educational experiences. Coverage is limited to accommodation, food, travel and registration fees. The amounts claimed must be in accordance with the Travel & Business Expense Policy & Procedures found at www.brandonu.ca/finance/files/TravelBusinessExpensePolicy.pdf
- Activities that qualify for assistance are:
Activities such as lessons (e.g. music), an event that has credit value or can be used towards fulfullment of a course, program or degree requirement will not be considered.
Preferences for funding set by the committee are (in no particular order):
~ Undergraduate, full-time, continuing studies;
~ Students who have not received money from this fund within the current and/or previous fiscal year;
~ Students invited to participate in a conference/workshop based on a selection process;
~ Active participation as a presenter or leader;
~ Graduate students are welcome to apply, but due to more funding options being available to graduate students, undergraduate
students will be give preference.