Student Travel & Conference Fee Fund
The Student Travel & Conference Fee Fund (STCF) is a shared responsibility between Student Services and the Brandon University Students’ Union (BUSU). The STCF Committee is comprised of the Dean of Students (or designate), 2 faculty members (preferably from different faculties), and 2 BUSU representatives.
The purpose of the Student Travel and Conference Fund Committee (STCF) is to provide social equity funding for students to participate in the opportunities listed below.
Please note, the rules and application deadline to apply for the STCF have changed. Please read the form carefully.
Applications must be received three (3) weeks prior to the travel/conference date.
What is covered:
- The fund covers expenses for off-campus opportunities listed below. Coverage is limited to accommodation, food, travel and registration fees. The amounts claimed must be in accordance with the Travel & Business Expense Policy & Procedures found at www.brandonu.ca/finance/files/TravelBusinessExpensePolicy.pdf
- Activities that will be considered for funding are:
Activities such as work experience, student employee research or research related travel, any type of training or training related to a position of employment, lessons (e.g. music), an event that has a credit value or can be used towards fulfillment of a course, program or degree requirement will not be considered.
Preferences for funding set by the committee are (in no particular order):
~ Undergraduate, full-time, continuing studies;
~ Students who have not received money from this fund within the current and/or previous fiscal year;
~ Students invited to participate in the activities listed, on a selection process;
~ Active participation as a presenter or leader;
~ Graduate students are welcome to apply, but due to more funding options being available to graduate students, undergraduate students will be give preference.
Application Requirements & Deadlines, and Reimbursement Procedure:
- Due to limited funding it is recommended you apply as soon as possible. The application process will close once the annual fund is depleted. The Committee does its best to distribute funds based on the balance in the account at the time of application, the distance and type of travel (provincial, international), type of travel (driving, flying), or if a student/group has received funding in the current and/or previous year, or is receiving funding from another source.
- Reimbursement may be up to, but will not exceed 75% of the total amount requested.
- Reimbursement of eligible expenses must be supported by official receipts and will not be typically paid out until after the event occurs.
a) If a travel advance is required, the committee must be informed in writing a minimum of three (3) weeks in advance of the initial travel/conference date.
- Student(s) must have a G.P.A. of 2.0 or better.
- Applications must be received three (3) weeks prior to the travel/conference date.
- Submitted Official receipts must add up to the amount granted, or more. If the sum of the receipts are less than the amount granted you will be reimbursed for the actual total of the receipts, not the amount granted.
- Official receipts must be handed in to the Student Services Office within three (3) weeks of your return date or funding will be revoked.
Undergraduate Student Travel & Conference Fee Form – applications must say “Last updated October 9, 2019”.