International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the economic, politics, and social achievements of women past, present, and future. The Status of Women’s Review Committee (SWRC) at Brandon University wishes to recognize exceptional student leaders who are making outstanding contributions to our community and beyond. The theme for 2023 is #EmbracingEquity.
A worthy nominee is:
- Any current full-time or part-time Brandon University undergraduate or graduate student with a minimum 2.5 sessional GPA, in any faculty or school, and
- One that demonstrates sustained leadership and/or initiative that is worthy of recognition.
In particular, throughout the nomination, please share examples of how the student has helped to forward the University’s mission in any or all of the following ways:
- making a meaningful difference as an engaged citizen and leader or
- standing up for academic freedom and responsibility or
- disseminating new knowledge or
- embracing cultural diversity, particularly with Indigenous communities or
- sharing expertise and resources with others
Award Nomination Form
Committed to equal opportunities for women in the university community.