This plan was developed for Brandon University in collaboration with the DIALOG and RPG consultant team, with input from a broad range of stakeholders from the University and wider community. The consultant team was greatly supported throughout the project process by the University Project Team, namely Scott Lamont, Susan Smale, and Steven Robinson, and the President, Gervan Fearon. The team was also assisted by Titus Lee, a Brandon University student in pursuit of a future in professional planning practice, who helped in the facilitation of events.
In addition, the team would like to acknowledge the involvement and contributions of the following groups, which comprised student, staff, faculty, and administrative representatives, along with key community stakeholders and experts in various fields. These include:
- Brandon University students, faculty and staff from Brandon and Winnipeg campuses
- The Campus Master Plan Working Committee
- Brandon University Alumni Association
- Brandon University Foundation
- Brandon University Senate
- Brandon University Board of Governors
- City of Brandon
- Brandon Urban Aboriginal Peoples’ Council
- Brandon Chamber of Commerce
- Brandon School Division
- Brandon Friendship Centre
- Assiniboine Community College
- Renaissance Brandon Development Corporation
- Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation
- The community at large
- Brandon Community Elders
Thank-you to the entire University community for their input and collaboration throughout the engagement process, and to neighbourhood residents for their involvement and attendance at open houses.
A special thank-you to the University’s Aboriginal representatives and the Aboriginal community for their participation and guidance in the pursuit of Indigenous placemaking on Brandon’s campuses.