UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 10, 2021
The Eckhardt-Gramatté Conservatory of Music has developed the following COVID-19 safety protocols to comply with provincial public health orders and Brandon University policies.
- Any individual attending in-person Conservatory instruction is asked to complete the COVID-19 self-screening tool ahead of their music lesson. That tool can be found here.
- Please stay home if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick and self-isolating. Anyone displaying illness will be sent home. If you cannot attend in person, virtual lessons may be arranged with your teacher.
- Masks are mandatory on campus spaces. In situations where mask-wearing is impossible, such as one-on-one vocal or winds instruction, enhanced distancing protocols will be in effect.
- Any changes to our in-person instruction protocols will be communicated to students, teachers and families and updated on our website.
- For Conservatory registration purposes, lessons delivered in person will be considered equal to lessons delivered online.
- Please see BrandonU.ca/Coronavirus for more information about Brandon University’s pandemic policies.
- All Conservatory instructors who deliver lessons in person must submit proof of vaccination status by October 31, 2021, whether those lessons take place on campus or off campus. Instructors will be able to upload proof of vaccination status through a secure and confidential portal on the Brandon University website. Until this portal is ready, instructors teaching on campus may present their proof of vaccination status at the front door of the School of Music.
In-Person Group Classes
- Per Manitoba public health orders, in-person group classes offered by the Conservatory are open only to:
- persons who produce proof that they are fully immunized;
- persons who produce proof from the Government of Manitoba that there is a medical reason for the person not to receive a vaccination for COVID-19;
- persons under 12 years of age.
One-on-One Lessons (on campus)
- Students aged 12 or over accessing one-on-one lessons on campus must produce proof that they are fully immunized, or proof from the Government of Manitoba that there is a medical reason for the person not to receive a vaccination for COVID-19. The deadline for submission of this proof is October 31, 2021, in order to give families time to come into compliance. Vaccine-eligible students who do not submit proof of vaccination status by that date will not be admitted into the QEII Music Building.
- It is recommended that parents or guardians drop their students off at the door and pick them up at the end of lessons. Parents or guardians who wish to attend their child’s lesson, if space permits, must produce proof that they are fully immunized, or proof from the Government of Manitoba that there is a medical reason for the person not to receive a vaccination for COVID-19.
One-on-One Lessons (off campus)
- Conservatory instructors may set their own studio access policies for in-person one-on-one lessons held off campus, with agreement from the Conservatory Director.
Access to Campus Spaces
- As the QEII building is closed to the public, Conservatory instructors will meet their students for on-campus lessons at the front door to let them in.
How will this work?
- Beginning September 13, Conservatory students who arrive on campus for their 1-on-1 lesson or group class will be met at the front door by their instructor. Students will have access to washrooms, water bottle filling stations, and their room of instruction.
- Students aged 12 and up arriving on campus for one-on-one lessons will need to upload proof of vaccination status by October 31, 2021.
- Students aged 12 and up arriving on campus for group classes will need to show proof of vaccination status at the door.
- If space permits, parents who wish to attend their child’s lesson on campus will need to show proof of vaccination status at the door.
- If you have questions about Eckhardt-Gramatté Conservatory of Music operations or regarding registration, please call or email before coming on campus. Any questions about COVID-19 policies should be directed to the Conservatory Director at 204-727-7366 or HopfnerE@BrandonU.ca