Professional societies and organizations
- Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM)
- BEAHR (Building Environmental Aboriginal Human Resources: resources for aboriginal youth seeking a career in the environmental industry)
- Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- Canadian Society of Environmental Biologists
- Environmental Studies Association of Canada
- Canadian University Environmental Science Network
- Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment
- Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors
- Climate Change Connection (information about climate change specific to Manitoba)
- Environmental Assessment (Environment Canada)
- Manitoba Conservation
- Environmental Youth Corps
- Manitoba Water Stewardship
- Manitoba Environmental Industries Association Inc. (NB: has a student chapter)
- Manitoba Association of Plant Biologists
- ECO Canada (Environmental Careers Organization of Canada; formerly known as CCHREI)
- The World Conservation Union (IUCN)
- University College of the North Ecotourism Program (former Keewatin Community College)
- City of Brandon’s Environment Home page
- Natural Resources Canada
Manitoba protected area
- Churchill Northern Studies Centre (northern Manitoba and arctic conservation, education and research)
- Frog watch (Manitoba)
- Flora of Manitoba (native plants)
- Manitoba tall grass prairie reserve
- Manitoba Conservation Data Centre (information about rare plant and animal species)
- Parks and Protected Areas Research Forum of Manitoba
- Riding Mountain National Park
- Turtle Mountain Provincial Park
Community-based organizations or programs
- Earth Portal (A comprehensive resource for timely, objective, science-based information about the environment.)
- Evergreen (Canadian environmental programs for cities)
- Saskatchewan fungi (U of Saskatchewan website on prairie fungi; images and identification)
- The Green Pages (Canada’s environmental information portal)
- The Green Pages Manitoba (Manitoba’s environmental information portal)
- Tree Canada Foundation (Provides education, technical assistance, resources and financial support to encourage Canadians to plant and care for trees in an effort to help reduce the harmful effects of CO2 emissions).
Climate Change Resources
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) – UNEP and WMO (download site for 2007 IPCC 4th Assessment Report)
- Tree Carbon Calculator – online tools from the CRC for Greenhouse Accounting (Australia) used to calculate how much carbon (from CO2) trees store or ‘sequester’ through their growth.
- Winnipeg Free Press article (May 2006) on climate change written by Dr. Danny Blair (U Winnipeg), Dr. David Greenwood (BU), and Dr. John Hanesiak (U of Manitoba)
- Chart plotting the climate normals for Brandon, MB.
- Chart plotting Brandon temperatures since 1940 (Brandon Airport, which is 10 km north of the city).
- Climate Change Connection – Manitoba (information about climate change specific to Manitoba)
- DE SMOG BLOG.com – a ‘blog’ website devoted to presenting insight into climate change and the people offering opinions on climate change
- Article on DE SMOG BLOG commenting on Dr. Tim Ball’s claim to be “the first Canadian PhD in climatology“.
- Environment Canada climate change pages.
- Slide show (PDF file) of the talk on climate change in Canada delivered at the BU Faculty of Science Seminar Series, September 2006.
- Manitoba Energy, Science and Technology Climate Change Branch. [provincial government information portal]
- NOAA and National Climate data Center (USA) climate change pages
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (Kyoto Protocols)