There are a wide range of career opportunities for graduates such as:
environmental management (policy-making, consulting); industry (sustainable resource management and conservation, environmental assessment); government (conservation officer, environmental/pollution monitoring officer); research (effects of pollution, ecosystem rehabilitation), and; graduate studies and careers in post secondary education.
Check out the Brandon University Career Planning webpage for updated job postings.
Check the notice board on the 1st, 3rd and 4th floor of the Brodie Building.
- BC Public Service – Geospatial Services Coordinator (closing date April 24, 2018)
- Manitoba Parks – Park Attendant 2 (closing date: April 6, 2018)
- Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) with Federal Government agencies (e.g., Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada, DFO, Parks Canada, Environment Canada).
- Co-operative Education and Internship Program (Co-op)
- The ECO Canada (Environmental Careers Organization of Canada*) website provides information for students about careers in environmental science.
- BEAHR (Building Environmental Aboriginal Human Resources) is an organization that provides resources for aboriginals working in, or seeking to enter a career in the environmental industry.
- Churchill Northern Studies Centre (research and volunteering opportunities for students)
- Environmental jobs and careers
- GeographyJobs.ca – Search for jobs, get e-mail career alerts and upload your Resumé so employers can find and hire you.
- Global Vision International (environmentally focused expeditions, internships, jobs and volunteering. NB: eligibility for job placements requires initial participation as a paying member of an expedition).
Graduate Studies Opportunities
- Master’s of Environmental Sustainability – University of Ottawa Master’s of Environmental Sustainability.
- MSc (Environmental and Life Sciences) – BU’s new graduate program is Science is especially suitable for ES graduates!
- Graduate Student Position (MSc.) – University of Manitoba, Revegetation of Disturbed Lands
Ecosystem Field Studies
Winter-break 3-credit field course from December 28, 2015 to January 16, 2016. Open to students from all universities & majors.
- Study, snorkel & SCUBA dive along the Caribbean coast of Mexico
- Gain valuable career skills in hands-on ecosystem field research
- Earn 3 undergraduate transfer credits during winter break
Ecoteer (Variable start dates)
Ecoteer can provide students with very cheap volunteering/work experience in ecotourism, conservation and humanitarian aid abroad. Ecoteer is unique and works by eliminating the middlemen, organisations which often charge large commission rates. Your students can become members for £10 annually and then contact our projects directly to organise their own voluntary work experience.
We have opportunities in over 50 countries in the following industries: Ecotourism, Conservation, Teaching, Organic farms, Community development, Humanitarian aid.
We would particularly like to promote a new marine conservation project we have in Malaysia. The project is based on the Perhentian Islands where volunteers help with turtle conservation, scientific data collection, spreading awareness among tourists and coral reef surveys. The project is focused on protecting the whole island ecosystem as without a healthy rainforest the reefs and beaches will soon disappear no matter what we did to protect the reefs. The project has been running since 2005 and has eliminated turtle egg poaching. However this year the company who ran the project has ceased operating the project due to the recession. Ecoteer is now working with the local resort owners to keep the project alive to ensure the turtles and coral reefs are protected for future generations. We need as much help as possible to keep this project running. www.ecoteer.com
Haida Gwaii Higher Education Society (HGHES)
Offers world-class university programs inspired by the people, environments, and communities of Haida Gwaii. Join us for a 14-week immersive and fully accredited semester on Haida Gwaii; a remote archipelago off of British Columbia’s northwest coast, Canada. The islands occupy a position on the leading edge of environmental conflict and resolution, reconciling First Nations rights and title, and developing a sustainable natural resource economy.
Well suited for students with third or fourth year standing in an undergraduate degree, our programs blend classroom instruction with experiential and community-based learning.
Contact HGHES for more information, or apply online today!
Haida Gwaii Semester in Natural Resource Studies (Jan – Apr 2016)
Haida Gwaii Semester in Natural Resource Science (Sept – Dec 2016) Visit http://www.haidagwaiisemester.com for more information.
Ridge to Reef Expeditions – Belize
Gain authentic, hands on conservation experience from team of local experts. Learn more.