Name Change Information

If a student wishes to change how their name appears on their academic record (including transcripts), two pieces of documentation, one of which must be photo ID, must be submitted to Financial & Registration Services.

Acceptable Photo ID :

  • Current driver’s license
  • Current passport
  • Brandon University Student ID Card
  • Other government issued photo ID

Acceptable secondary documentation:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • Change of Name Certificate
  • Provincial health card

The two documents may be provided in person (originals will photocopied), by mailing in photocopies, faxing photocopies or as a scanned attachment in an email.

Mail to:

Financial & Registration Services
Brandon University
270 18th Street
Brandon MB  R7A 6A9

Fax to: 204.726.4573

Email to:

Include your student number with the documentation, along with instructions indicating the name(s) you are changing from and the name(s) you are changing to.

If you have any questions, contact Financial & Registration Services at 204.727.9724 or 204.727.7313 or email