We recommend that you apply as soon as possible in order to be eligible for scholarships and to begin to receive important information about the University and your first year.
How To Apply:
- Complete and submit the online application and be sure to indicate all institutions attended/attending in your application. Almost all communications from the Admissions Office will be sent by email. Use an email account that you check regularly and add us to your safe-sender list.
- Submit the application fee with the application (non-refundable fee of $70.00 CAD for Canadian and Minnesota Applicants or $140.00 CAD for all other applications – this fee may change without notice).
- Have all requested documents sent to the Admissions Office by the Application Deadline. Admissions will email you a document request once an application is received, however, please note the application and document deadline are the same date, so documents will not be requested on or after the deadline. We encourage you to apply as early as possible ahead of posted deadlines. Review Canadian required documents or Review International required documents.
- Once all required documents and the application fee are received, the file will be evaluated and a decision on admissibility will be made.
- Decisions will be communicated via email and an Offer of Admission will be issued to eligible applicants.
If someone will be assisting you with the application process and you wish for the Admissions Office to release information to that person, please fill out the Admissions Consent Form
Our knowledgeable staff are here to help you at any stage of the application process. Please choose the link below that best suits you.
Congratulations! For all your next steps to join us at BU, including set-up of your student ID and BU email, and the course registration process, visit our Accepted Students website.
High School Students
Review admission requirements, see all application deadlines, and find the information you will need before starting your online application.
BU welcomes international students and offers an English for Academic Purposes program for those needing to improve their English skills to university-level fluency.
Home School Applicants
Home-schooled students who have completed a Manitoba Education-approved Grade 12 curriculum are eligible for admission.
Over 21 and thinking about returning to school? Our personable and professional staff are here to help you transition into a post-secondary learning environment.
Check our Transfer Database to see which of your credits are transferable and learn what documents you need to include with your application.
We offer Graduate programs in Education, Music, Psychiatric Nursing, Environmental & Life Sciences, and Rural Development.