Transfer Credit and Prior Learning
- Students who have obtained Psychiatric Nursing (69) courses at another accredited university, that have a C grade or better, will be eligible for transfer of applicable course credits into the B.Sc.P.N. program.
- Students seeking enrolment in the B.Sc.P.N. program who have completed a Diploma Registered Nursing program, and who eligible for active practicing license status will be given transfer credit for up to 40 credit hours toward the program including: 69:151, 69:153, 69:161, 69:253,69.255,69:262 and up to 9 credit hours of unallocated psychiatric nursing credit.
- Students seeking enrolment in the B.Sc.P.N. program who have graduated from the Licensed Practical Nursing program, and who are eligible for active practicing license will be given transfer credit for up to 32 credit hours towards the program including 69:151, 69:153, 69:161, 69:253, 69.255, 69.262 and 3 psychiatric nursing (Health Studies) unallocated credit hours at the 100 level.
- Students seeking enrolment in the B.Sc.P.N. program, who have completed other relevant education, will have these courses evaluated for transfer credit to the program on an individual basis by the appropriate departments.
- Students who have completed a first undergraduate degree of at least 90 credit hours may proceed to the pre-psychiatric program as a second degree student. Second degree students must complete all Health Studies Psychiatric Nursing (69) courses of the curriculum as well as 15:171 and 15:172 and one of 62:171, 82:250 or 90:294.
- Students with university level knowledge and skills attained outside the usual academic setting may apply to have their experience assessed for academic credits, which can be used to complete their degree program. For more information on PLAR, please contact: Gary McNeely, PLAR Coordinator, Office of the Registrar, Room 101-2S, McKenzie Building, Phone: 204-727-7300, email: email@example.com.
Please refer to current BU General Calendar for further information.