November – Innovation in Agri-Food Processing: A Study of Commercialization of Bulk Food Ingredients in Manitoba. See the Final Report – 8 Cases
Also view the November report highlights: Final Report Highlights
March – Innovation in Agri-food Processing: Preliminary Study of Commercialization of Bulk Food Ingredients in Manitoba. See the full report.
Also view the March report highlights: Report Highlights
And individual case study reports:
AGGP Shelterbelt Survey: Prairie Producers’ Use of and Attitudes Towards Shelterbelts. (2014 report)
– (July) Presented at the International Comparative Rural Policy Studies Summer Institute (ICRPS). Ashton, W.
Food and Beverage Processing Industry, Growth Pathways to 2020. For more details see the
Attitudes Towards Shelterbelts for Beef production among Manitoba Beef Producers-
AGGP Social Marketing Interactive Workshop Report
-(November). Presented by Raj Machanda and Joel Voth at the Brandon University AGGP-Shelterbelts and Cattle Social Marketing Interactive Workshop
Canadian Risk & Hazard Network CRHNet 10th Annual Symposium of Technical Programs – 2013
Beef & trees: Engaging beef producers in reducing GHG
– (April). Presented at the World Social Marketing Conference, Toronto, ON. Ashton, W., & Shanghvi, I.
Shelterbelts, beef producers & behaviours: Investigating an alternative approach using social marketing
– (July). Presented at the Great Plains Windbreak Renovation and Innovation Conference, International Peace Garden, ND-MB. Canart, R., Shanghvi, I., Ashton, W., & English, B.
Pre-planning is worth its weight in gold
– (October). Presented at the Backyards and Beyond Conference, Denver, CO. Bartlette, Greg.
Economic impact assessment of leafy spurge in southern Manitoba. Final report
– (October). Rempel, K.
Mapping and monitoring the spread of leafy spurge.
Building momentum on leafy spurge bio-control: highlights from the leafy spurge beetle forum.
– (May). Gibson, R., & Ferguson, L.
Leafy spurge rangeland control and management final report.
– (March). Gibson, R., & Ferguson, L.
Tackling a single invasive species: Perspectives from the Leafy Spurge Stakeholders Group.
– (February). Presented at the Breaking Down Borders Forum, Winnipeg, MB. Gibson, R., & Johnston, J.
Diversification into farm tourism
– Poster presented at the CRRF Conference, Vermilion, AB. Oredegbe, A.
Implementing a bio-control program for leafy spurge
Leafy spurge and species diversity
Multi-species grazing of leafy spurge
Managing invasive species: Leafy spurge control project report
– Peers, B., McTavish, P., Peers, A., & Gibson, R.
Learning strategies to build human capital and social capital for sustainable rural communities
– Presented at the Identifying Strategies to Support Sustainable Agriculture in Canada Conference, Quebec City, QC. Rempel, K.
A framework of priority information needs: Interview with key informants.
– Peers, B., & McTavish, P.
Inventory of programs, services and resources
– Gibson, R.
Leafy spurge biocontrol. Identification and establishment of biocontrol sites in Manitoba.
– Morton, P., & Rempel, K.
Leafy spurge forum: A disaster in the making. Proceedings of the leafy spurge forum.
– Peers, B., & Gibson, R.
Best practice: Environmental stewardship by a private landowner.
– Pachkowski, J.