Community Collaboration Project (CCP) 2005-2008
Funded through the Rural Secretariat, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
The purpose of Brandon University’s Rural Development Institute’s CCP Model project is to test the applicability and replicability of the CCP model. Through the Government of Canada’s Rural Secretariat, RDI has funding to support the development of three regional round tables (RRTs) in other provinces/territories. A project steering committee has been established and includes representation from the Rural Secretariat and RDI. Rural Teams are involved as partners in the project. Rural Teams are provincial/territorial teams of federal, provincial, local government departments and agencies and community-serving organizations who have an interest in rural and northern Canada. In collaboration with the Rural Secretariat, RDI met with the Rural Teams in Saskatchewan, British Columbia and the Yukon to discuss the feasibility of implementing RRTs in their province or territory. The Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Yukon Rural Teams committed to becoming actively engaged in the CCP process and with the site selected in their province/territory. Each Rural Team initiated a subcommittee, the CCP steering committee. RDI met with potential community stakeholders and funding partners in each of the provinces/territory, and in collaboration with the Rural Secretariat, selected the RRT sites. Learn more about this project.
Regional Round Tables
- Bayline Regional Round Table (BRRT)
- Northern Vision Regional Round Table (NVRRT)
- Southwest Regional Round Table (SWRRT)
- WaterWolf Regional Round Table (WWRRT)
- Yukon Regional Round Table (YRRT)
- The Community Collaboration Story. Community Collaboration Project: Empowering Communities & Building Capacity 2005-2008. Final Report November 2008. Beattie, M., & Annis, R. C.
- Yukon Regional Round Table. Final Report November 2008. Beattie, M., & Annis, R. C.
- Annual Workshop Report, 2007.
- Regional Round Table Handbook for the Community Collaboration Process, October 2006.
- Annual Workshop Report, April 2006.
- Regional Round Table Overview, April 2006.
- Rural Secretariat’s Model’s Program Forum. Presentation, March 2006.
- Project Description, January 2006.
- Regional Round Tables – Looking to the Future.
- Reflections on Manitoba’s Community Collaboration Project, 1999-2004 Report.
- Annual Meeting Report, June 2005.