Rural Matters: Forging Healthy Canadian Communities
What we Learned:
- Most Yukoners, both First Nations and non-First Nations, put lifestyle first.
- Taking the time to listen and be curious reveals vision, insights, assumptions, expectations, concerns and possibilities.
- Diversity of perspectives, voices, styles and experiences are keys to innovation, risk-taking, consensus-building, which extend to community impact.
- Exploring instincts of regional round table members provides a clear picture of situations and intentions.
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with government representatives enables them to become involved.