Office of Research Services (ORS)
The Brandon University Office of Research Services is the first point of contact for faculty members seeking financial support for their research programs.
The main functions of the ORS are to:
- Provide researchers with access to information about national and provincial funding programs;
- Serve as a liaison with all major funding agencies, advising researchers of changes in funding programs, new opportunities, associated guidelines, regulatory requirements, application procedures, as well as new initiatives;
- Assist researchers in the preparation of funding proposals;
- Review and approve applications submitted to external funding agencies and organizations, ensuring adherence to both internal and external policies and procedures;
- Sign-off on all external research applications and contracts. The Vice President (Academic & Provost) is the formal institutional signing authority for all research applications and contracts. The VP’s signature acknowledges that the institution supports the project and agrees to administer the funding;
- Provide electronic approval and transmission of web-based applications to the external funding source; and
- Provide advice to researchers to ensure compliance with: human ethics; animal care; and biohazard safety policies.