Office of Research Services (ORS)
Strategic Research Plan 2021-2025
The Brandon University Strategic Research Plan 2021-2025 describes the vision for research at Brandon University based on major objectives and a main research priority area.
The plan includes data reports and an action plan to guide strategy.
- BU researcher examines effects of resource extraction through art
- November 12, 2021
- Safe Places for Aging and Care project seeks participants in Manitoba to contribute to research on improving care environments
- October 1, 2021
- Week of events planned around National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- September 27, 2021
- Nine BU student projects supported by NSERC undergraduate research awards
- August 13, 2021
COVID-19 Research Information
The COVID-19 Research Information page includes a set of guidelines for undertaking research at Brandon University, research support programs, and relevant links.
The main functions of the ORS are to:
- Provide researchers with access to information about national and provincial funding programs;
- Serve as a liaison with all major funding agencies, advising researchers of changes in funding programs, new opportunities, associated guidelines, regulatory requirements, application procedures, as well as new initiatives;
- Assist researchers in the preparation of funding proposals;
- Review and approve applications submitted to external funding agencies and organizations, ensuring adherence to both internal and external policies and procedures;
- Sign-off on all external research applications and contracts. The Provost & Vice-President (Academic) is the formal institutional signing authority for all research applications and contracts. The Provost’s signature acknowledges that the institution supports the project and agrees to administer the funding;
- Provide electronic approval and transmission of web-based applications to the external funding source; and
- Provide advice to researchers to ensure compliance with: human ethics; animal care; and biohazard safety policies.