Office of Research Services (ORS)
Strategic Research Plan 2021-2025
The Brandon University Strategic Research Plan 2021-2025 describes the vision for research at Brandon University based on Research Principles, Priorities, and Themes.
The plan includes data reports and an action plan to guide strategy.
- BU at the Public Library returns
- January 20, 2023
- Federal Research Support Fund boosts BU infrastructure with more than $560,000
- December 14, 2022
- Brandon University to host community conversation about bridging divides
- December 6, 2022
- BU researchers join international projects with support from SSHRC
- December 1, 2022
COVID-19 Research Information
The COVID-19 Research Information page includes a set of guidelines for undertaking research at Brandon University, research support programs, and relevant links.
The main functions of the ORS are to:
- Provide researchers with access to information about national and provincial research funding programs;
- Act as a liaison between the institution and funding agencies/organizations, advising researchers of changes in funding programs, new opportunities, associated guidelines, regulatory requirements, application procedures, and new initiatives;
- Advise researchers on the preparation of funding applications;
- Review and approve applications intended for submission to external funding agencies and organizations, ensuring adherence to both internal and external policies and procedures, this includes contracts, letters of intent, etc.;
- Sign-off on all external research applications and contracts. The Provost & Vice-President (Academic) is the formal institutional signing authority for all research applications and contracts. The Provost’s signature acknowledges that the institution supports the project and agrees to administer the funding;
- Provide electronic approval and transmission of web-based applications to the external funding source;
- Provide training opportunities, information sessions, and networking events;
- Assist in developing partnerships and collaborations with external stakeholders; and
- Ensure compliance with institutional and funder policies, including human ethics, animal care, and biosafety policies.