Please Note: Manitoba Health Insurance is no longer available to international students enrolled at Brandon University.
guard.me International Health Insurance is mandatory for all EAP students at Brandon University
Doctor and hospital visits are expensive in Canada – that’s why you will have guard.me International Insurance beginning in the Spring/Summer 2017 term.
What is guard.me?
guard.me International Insurance is a world leader in supporting the health and wellness of international students around the world.
The guard.me More plan covers new and emergent accidents and illness during the students’ coverage period. Key highlights of the plan include:
- Eligible clinic and hospital visits
- Prescriptions — Up to 30 day supply – claims secure
- Dental Accident — 100% of eligible charges, up to $4,000
- Ambulance & Emergency Transportation — 100% of eligible charges
- Out of Canada coverage — 30 days coverage in the US
- Family Transportation Benefit — Up to 2 members of your family flown to your bedside if you are hospitalized for more than 7 days
Detailed plan coverage can be found in the Guardme More Summary
The price of coverage is $190/term.
Your coverage will run from:
- Winter Term – January 1st to April 30th
- Spring/Summer Term – May 1st to August 31st
- Fall Term – September 1st to December 31st
Medical Clinic Locations
For full details or to see a list of clinics in the area, visit www.guard.me/brandonu and click on EAP Student to find the policy in multiple languages.
Make Claims Online
On the website, students can make a claim, set up an account (whereby they can view the status of their claims online, find their ID card, and access their coverage), find local bill direct clinics, and also contact us via phone or chat.
The 24/7/365 Assistance Line is multilingual and conveniently located on the ID card they will receive. Student can call guard.me if they have questions, or if they are hospitalized so that we are made aware and can support.