Residence rates differ for each of McMaster Hall, Darrach Hall, and Flora Cowan Hall. The rates are more of a reflection of the cost of operating each specific residence, rather than a reflection on the quality of the accommodation. For example, McMaster Hall features semi-private washrooms: each room shares a washroom only with the room next door, and this arrangement is more expensive to maintain than the dormitory type washrooms in Flora Cowan Hall and Darrach Hall.
Costs will also differ according to the occupancy: single or double occupancy.
Costs are broken down by hall and occupancy on the left menu bar.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are housing payments due?
Housing payments are due in full at the beginning of each term (before you check-in). It is recommended that students prepay in August so that they are able to avoid line-ups on check-in day.
Am I able to pay my housing charges online?
Yes! Visit https://www.brandonu.ca/pay/ to make online payments. When making a payment, your account number is all six digits of your Brandon University student number. It is your responsibility to ensure this student number is correct.
What other payment options do I have?
Payments can be made by cheque, money order, bank draft, cash:
- By mailing payment to Brandon University, Financial & Registration Services, 270-18th Street, Brandon, MB R7A 6A9.
- In person at Financial & Registration Services, 2nd Floor, Clark Hall.
- Using the lock box located in the Clark Hall/McKenzie Building link (available only at beginning of term).
Payments can also be made by Interac ® (debit card) at Financial & Registration Services, 2nd Floor, Clark Hall. If paying by debit card be sure to know your daily spending/withdrawal limit.
Amount due is available at Student Information or from invoices emailed to your BU student webmail account.
Who do I make the cheque payable to for housing fees?
Please make cheques payable to Brandon University.
Is the board plan mandatory?
Participation in the food program is mandatory. Please see our Meal Plan page for more details.
What are the housing fees included in my residence charges?
There are several once-per-stay, non-refundable fees not included in the above rates. They are:
- Residence Student Association Fee – $55.00
- Facilities Fee – $139.40
- Maintenance Fee – $23.13
- Key deposit – $0.00. New for 2016/2017 there is no key deposit required, however, if you loose your fob or key the following charges will apply:
- Room Key replacement $139.35 + tax
- Key Fob replacement $21.25 + tax
- Mail Key replacement $58.45 + tax