- Partner with First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities and organizations to enhance the accessibility of post-secondary educational opportunities; student experience and academic success; and engagement in research, scholarly and creative activities with potential benefits to their communities.
- Reach out to the “new Canadian” population to recognize prior learning and provide access to further education.
- Distinguish Brandon University as a catalyst and partner in community development and growth at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Develop a University Community Engagement Plan to support faculty, staff, and student involvement and contributions to community development, access to post-secondary and
continuing educational opportunities, and utilization of the facilities and resources of the University.
- Enhance the brand and reputation of the University to facilitate increased contributions to the prominence and vitality of the community and region as well as to our students and alumni.
- Enhance alumni outreach to increase engagement and benefits to them from their continued involvement in the activities and initiatives of the University.
- Establish a School for Continuing and Part-time Education to promote adult post-secondary education facilitate access to continuing education and professional development certificate and post-degree programs, and enhance part-time degree opportunities and completion.
- Support open access archives to disseminate Brandon University’s research/artistic activities across the wider community